This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal information.
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, phone number, physical contact information, and any information that you input into KOI8;
- articles, comments, chats, reviews, feedbacks, ratings, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with an efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services and those of our partners, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Registration and sharing through third-party services.
We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into KOI8. With your permission, KOI8 may also transfer to KOI8 profile information contained in your third-party profile. KOI8 may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as affiliate and rewards programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other KOI8 user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- To provide it to third parties if your User Material is manifestly unlawful in respect of these third parties. (Third parties may submit a Report to KOI8.io if they are of the opinion that specific User Material is unlawful. They may also request KOI8.io to disclose the (personal) data of the User who placed that User Material on the Website)
Information You Share on KOI8
Your Username is displayed throughout KOI8 (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your KOI8 activity and Items. Other people may see your Items, purchases, items for sale, storefronts, Feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to Usernames and specific items. So if you associate your name with your Username, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your KOI8 activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, certain information about you, such as your Username, activity or reminders from KOI8, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from KOI8
KOI8 enables you to share personal information, to communicate freely and to engage in transactions if you choose. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information which you communicate to other KOI8 Users and therefore we encourage you to use prudent judgment as you are solely responsible for what you decide to share with others on KOI8. Evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. When users are involved in a transaction, they may freely offer each other's name, Username, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. You are not licensed to add other KOI8 users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report KOI8-related spam or spoof emails to KOI8, please forward the email to support@KOI8.io. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our KOI8. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
Your social network provider login is the key to your account. If you do share your social provider access or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your social account, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your social account has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify KOI8.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.